Off Topic: Finally installing Linux, sugestions for distos?

Daniel Santos daniel@bytesage.com
Fri Jun 2 19:47:00 GMT 2006

Thank you for the feedback everybody! :)

Yea, I noticed that Ubuntu has been at the top for some time.  And I
like it's meaning.  In English, it roughly translates into "humanity
towards others" -- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(ideology)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28ideology%29>.  Anyway, I'm
thinking that's where I'll start.  At work, I did Solaris for 2 years
and been on HP-UX for the last 3 years.  I LOVE GNU/Linux compared to
HP-UX.  The tools on the HP-UX 11i machines at my job are SO poor!

Daniel

--

dd if=/dev/zero of=/ram/awsomeswap bs=1024 count=16384
mkswap -v0 /ram/awsomeswap 16384