dejaGNU testsuite files for 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

Jim Wilson wilson@specifix.com
Thu Jul 6 20:42:00 GMT 2006

J.J.Garcia wrote:
> I'm messed with this, anyway i don't understand why the 2.95.3 doesn't have a
> testsuite folder within.

Because gcc had no official testsuite at that time, so obviously, there
was no testsuite folder (directory).

We did have a package called c-torture that was released separately from
gcc, which included the beginnings of a regression testsuite.  It was
eventually added to gcc after resolving some copyright issues, and
formed the core of what is now the gcc testsuite.  You might be able to
find a 8 year old copy if you google for it.  I don't know offhand where
to find a copy.  It is an oversight that we didn't archive a copy of it
on our ftp server.

There was a period during which c-torture was in the FSF GCC development
tree, but not part of the gcc releases.  I suspect gcc-2.95 was during
this period.  The cvs/svn tree might be a little confused during this
period, as the testsuite dir might be on mainline, but not on release
branches.  Or it might be on release branches but not in release tarballs.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com