Cygwin->linux crosscompiler make problem

Jake Goulding goulding@vivisimo.com
Fri Jan 27 01:03:00 GMT 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Jake Goulding <goulding@vivisimo.com> wrote:
>
>> /ct isn't mounted, it is simply a directory on the cygwin root
>> (c:\cygwin\ct in Windows-land).
>>

> Right, so perhaps you could try mounting it instead as I described.
> Using a managed mode mount will let you have
> case-sensitive filesystem.
>
> Lacking a case-sensitive file system probably isn't your
> problem, but I wanted to list everything I could recall that
> is needed to get all the way to building a good linux kernel.
> - Dan

Alright, I'll give that a shot. In the meantime, the compile died again,
slightly different error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../m', needed by
`/ct/build/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.3.2/build-glibc/tcb-offsets.h.d'.
Stop.

Also, if it helps, I really don't want to build a kernel. I basically
want just the bare minimum to be able to use this as a distcc node for a
computer with a GCC version similar to what is above (3.2.2).

Thanks for your help so far.

-j