Cygwin->linux crosscompiler make problem

Jake Goulding goulding@vivisimo.com
Fri Jan 27 00:20:00 GMT 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Jake Goulding <goulding@vivisimo.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to build a cygwin(host) to i386-linux (target) compiler, and
>> after going for a while, I get the following error:
>>
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
>> `/cygdrive/c/temp/crosstool-0.38/build/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.3.2/gcc-core-prefix/lib/gcc-lib/i386-unknown-linux-',
>>

> That looks suspiciously like a compiler name that got whacked off.
> Perhaps you're invoking things funny, or maybe there's a bug that's
> yielding a truncated shell variable... you'd have to post more info for
> us to tell

Sure. I am invoking the (modified) demo-i386.sh script from the normal
cygwin bash prompt. I moved the crosstool folder to /ct/ in the hopes
that maybe some length was being maxed. It is building now... any more
information I can give in the short term?

-j