configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Thu Jan 26 18:39:00 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 11:12, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> OK, what I'm trying to get at is "what does the answer i686 represent".
> Is it the CPU architecture, the userspace, the kernel, what ? They're
> definitely not equivalent. If you're using uname -r, etc you're going to
> get kernel architecture, I believe ... but what exactly is config.guess
> trying to specify here?

whenever i use 32bit chroots, `uname -r` reports i686 rather than x86_64

but that is because i use 'linux32' to enter the chroot ... i always assumed
that a regular system would be the same way though ...

you should grab the latest config.guess from GNU cvs and run
`./config.guess` ... see if it still reports x86_64-...
-mike