arm vfp glibc error.

Robert Schwebel robert@schwebel.de
Wed Jan 25 07:14:00 GMT 2006

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:48:05AM +0000, Steve Papacharalambous wrote:
> I'm trying to build an arm toolchain with VFP support using
> crosstool-0.38.  The toolchain components are:
>
> - binutils-2.16.1
> - gcc-4.0.2
> - glibc-2.3.5
> -linux-libc-headers-2.6.12.0
>
> Additional toolchain configuration:
>
> - BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"
> - GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"
> - GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"
>
> The toolchain build completes successfully, but when I try to build a
> test program with the flags: "-mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=soft" it fails with
> a linker error: "ld: cannot find -lfloat"
>
> Are there some flags missing that should be passed on the command line,
> or is there a configuration option to glibc to enable VFP support?

I have a 4.0.2 toolchain in PTXdist for ARM VFP which seems to work.
You can get the PTXdist 0.9-trunk from SVN here if you want to know
which patches have to be added to crosstool.

https://iocaste.penguin.de/svn/ptxdist/trunks/ptxdist-0.9-trunk

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9