[discuss] Problem building cross compiler for x86_64

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sat Jan 21 07:43:00 GMT 2006

On 1/20/06, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@gmail.com> wrote:
>     I have the 64 bit machine with SLES-9  installed but I get it only
> when I say that i have build my compiler and then they give me access
> to it for testing. Beyond that i dont have access.

OK, then you want to build a x86_64 cross-compiler
by running crosstool once.   Should be simple.  Just
take care to match the gcc and glibc versions on the 64 bit SLES-9 system.
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/SUSE_Linux_Porting_Advisories
lists the versions.   Looks like
# GCC 3.3.3
# GLIBC 2.3.3
is the lowest common denominator.
A quick look at http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/buildlogs/
shows that you have a good chance of that working,
though I don't have exactly that gcc in the tested matrix.