[discuss] Problem building cross compiler for x86_64

Manish Katiyar mkatiyar@gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:18:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
   yes i am using using Suse Linux Enterprise 9. I have downloaded the
package glibc-devel-2.3.4-23_23.4.x86_64.delta.rpm . Now I need to
just do

rpm -i glibc-devel-2.3.4-23_23.4.x86_64.delta.rpm
and then start building my gcc. Is it correct.? How do I specify where
to install the rpm?. Please correct the steps to be followed after
installing this rpm.

Thanks in advance.

On 1/19/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 19 January 2006 07:28, Kai Ruottu wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > >uhh, because your native glibc wont work on the target ?
> >
> >  Nobody thinks using the host glibc but the target glibc, which is
> > already built and tested in those
> > "existing Linux target" cases...
>
> and what if the glibc didnt exist already ?  just because SuSE/x86_64/glibc
> exists doesnt mean SomeOtherDistro/x86_64/glibc exists
>
> >  But why to "reinvent the wheel"?
>
> if that's your logic, i dont see why we have multiple distros out there ...
> everyone is reinventing the distro wheel then
> -mike
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Thanks & Regards,
Manish Katiyar
Ozone 2, SP Infocity (Software Park),
New Survey #208 Manjari Stud Farms Ltd.,
Phursungi Village, Haveli Taluka, Saswad Road,
Hadapsar, Pune - 412308, India