sharing code between several crosscompilers

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri Jan 13 14:33:00 GMT 2006

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I'm using cross-toolchains for building packages and whole system
> installations for a quite huge buch of separate systems. Each
> target system got its own toolchain.
>
> Now as the number of target system grows and grows it sooner
> or later begins to eat up disk space.
>
> Is there any way to share as much stuff as possible between
> several crosscompilers (ie. the architecture independent stuff) ?

  Nah, not really.

  I don't suppose it could actually save you very much, anyway.

  All the executables are target-specific.  All the libraries are
target-specific and all the include files are target-specific.

  That doesn't leave a whole lot to share apart from the man and info pages.
And as it happens, the info pages are shared already!

    cheers,
      DaveK