specifying native compiler

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Jan 3 18:16:00 GMT 2006

David Karlton wrote:
> I have crosstool-0.38 (kegel.com/crosstool), and want to build using a
> different gcc compiler that I have on my local machine. Many of the
> scripts seem to default to CC=gcc.  Is there one meta-override so I
> could specify a different native compiler?
>
> dk

  If I understand what you're asking right, and if I remember correctly, you
should just be able to write

CC=<your_gcc_version> script.name [-options]

and the value you supply for CC on the command line should override the
makefile definitions.   (Unless the scripts make gratuitous use of the
'override' gmake keyword).

    cheers,
      DaveK