Crosstool's sanitized headers

Trevor Harmon trevor@vocaro.com
Mon Feb 20 05:33:00 GMT 2006

Crosstool supports "sanitized Linux headers". What exactly is a
"sanitized" header? In what way are the original headers "dirty"? I
was hoping to find an explanation of this in the crosstool docs or by
searching Google, but all I can see is a changelog that the patch was
applied.

Specifically, I'm wondering what is the purpose of specifying
different versions for LINUX_DIR and LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR. For
example, gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.3-hdrs-2.6.11.2.dat sets 2.6.8 for Linux
and 2.6.11.2 for the headers. Isn't that a potential compatibility
problem?

Also, in crosstool-0.38, many (all?) of the .dat files specify both
LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR and LINUX_DIR. However, crosstool issues a
warning if both are specified and ignores LINUX_DIR (see line 43 of
crosstool.sh). Is this a bug in the .dat files?

Trevor