Undetected duplicate symbols

Marius Groeger mgroeger@sysgo.com
Tue Feb 7 13:08:00 GMT 2006

Hello Khem,

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Khem Raj wrote:

> Marius Groeger wrote:
>>
>>  Now, does anybody know why I don't get an error, or what linker option I
>>  might have to throw to get one?
> Is your program linking with crt1.o ?  I see that for other arches it defined
> _start in this file but for mips the name has two underscores. So essentially
> it is finding just one definition of _start which is your function but may be
> the entry point is __start

No, it's an embedded application without any startup code. We're
really talking my _start vs. a linker script defined _start; the
linker script symbol seems to win, and there is no error (or even a
warning).

Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger@sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software