Fwd: Building crosstools for arm-xscale on OS X

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu Dec 21 14:28:00 GMT 2006

Here's a note about a workaround for a make bug on Mac OS X.
- Dan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Simon
Date: Dec 21, 2006 3:29 AM
Subject: Building crosstools for arm-xscale on OS X
To: dank@kegel.com

I just tried building the latest crosstools release (0.43) on OS X
10.4.8 and ran into the same gprof error listed here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2006-03/msg00061.html

Since the script seemed to be trying to compile the .m files after
they had already been awk'd, I just removed them and restarted the
build with the --nounpack option, and it seems to have run to
completion properly. arm-xscale-linux-gnu-hello and hello-static run
fine on an intrinsyc cerfboard 255.  Obviously not rigorous testing,
but so far so good.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Jonathan Simon
jnsimon@pacbell.net