Building gcc for ppc-603

Danny Budik dbudik@ist-traffic.com
Mon Dec 18 18:59:00 GMT 2006

Hello All,

I have a question regarding a slightly complicated cross-compile.

I'm trying to cross-compile gcc (c,c++) for ppc-603 from my i686 host.
With crosstool almost everything works. The tricky thing about my
target, is that the libstdc++ libraries on that machine are the ones
from gcc-3.2.3 (libstdc++.so.5.0.3.) I can build gcc-3.2.3 for ppc with
crosstool but my code won't compile with such an old gcc ver.  I've
tried building both gcc-4.1.0 and gcc-3.2.3 and then copying the header
files and c++ libraries from the old to the new but then when I build my
code, it doesn't link.

So in the end, my question is, is there a way to build a late version of
gcc and compile in an old version of the c++ libraries?

Regards,
Danny

--
Danny Budik