How to make crosstool support for VFP software fp format?

YanXT Gpsign by_yanxt@gpsign.com
Mon Dec 11 10:00:00 GMT 2006

From: Dimitry Andric
Receiver: yan xiaotian
Time: 2006-12-11, 16:33:45
Subject: Re: How to make crosstool support for VFP software fp format?

yan xiaotian wrote:
> linking object sirfapi ......
> arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-gcc -o sirfapi opengprs.o sirfapi.o -L. -lGPSEngine -lm
> -lpthread
> /opt/crosstool/gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3/arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../../arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> ERROR: ./libGPSEngine.a(AGPS.o) uses *VFP* instructions, whereas
> *sirfapi*(our
> program) does not

This means that libGPSEngine.a was compiled with a different compiler
(at least, one with a different floating point setting). Just compile
everything with the same compiler, and you should be good to go.

    Yes, Dimitry, libGPSEngine was compiled with MontaVista's own toolchain,
what u suggested is certainly a feasible and safe way to solve my problem, so far.
    Now I wonder if I can achieve it by compiling with a compatible-configured toolchain,
at least vfp-softfp format-compatible toolchain...like crosstool-0.42 . Is this possible?
I am working on it....