Fri Dec 8 00:41:00 GMT 2006
This release is a simple update to include
gcc-4.1.1, and to clean up the long-suffering demo scripts.
It also includes Ian Lance Taylor's quickie attempt at nptl
support; I haven't really tried that, but I trust him, and it
should at least be interesting.
There are quite a few other updates needed (glibc-2.5, anyone?),
but the compiler update at least should be useful.
Build results matrix:
* add gcc-4.1.1 final
* add gcc-4.1-20060811, snapshot on 20060811
* add gcc-4.2-20061024, snapshot on 20061024
* add libmudflap to runtimes rpms so users can do things like
* add libssp to runtimes rpms so users can do things like
"-fstack-protector" and "-lssp"
* enabled tls for 2.4.18 and up, since somebody may need tls support
from such kernel.
* fixed a bug in toolchain.dat and cpu.dat, append to GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG
rather than overwrite it. It might be defined both in toolchain.dat
and cpu.dat, or it might be defined by a crosstool user, who added
a definition to GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG. Before this buf fix, whichever came
first would have been overwritten.
* add gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.5-nptl.dat as Ian's first cut at simple
way of enabling NPTL.
* add gdb-6.5 final
* fixed a bug in fix-embedded-paths.c. Simon Baldwin tracked a gdb crash
down to a bug in the crosstool build scripts (they ran
on libstdc++.so, which wasn't strictly neccessary). His
is to modify fix-embedded-paths.c to use slash padding rather
than space or
null padding, and run it again on the affected libraries.
* add __PKGPREFIX__ to allow users to specify the name prefix of the rpms.
* add gcc-4.1.1 build results and update build matrix.
* add nptl to build matrix
Wine for Windows ISVs: http://kegel.com/wine/isv
For unsubscribe information see http://sourceware.org/lists.html#faq
More information about the crossgcc