How to find out if a given gcc is a cross compiler?

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Thu Dec 7 20:21:00 GMT 2006

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 07 December 2006 11:21, Toralf Lund wrote:
>
>> I'm usually building on a Linux system, but would very much prefer the
>> method to be as portable as possible.
>>

> well, to be honest, a portable method would involve not caring whether you're
> cross-compiling
> -mike

Indeed. And I'm trying not to, and are successful most of the time.
Still, there are some weird cases where I need to know after all, and at
least having special cases for cross compile or not to cross compile is
at least a lot better than having separate setups for all targets, or
all combinations of host and target.

- Toralf