More ARM binutils fuckage

Michael K. Edwards medwards.linux@gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 04:36:00 GMT 2006

Thanks Khem!  Questions below.

On 12/5/06, Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com> wrote:
> for arm nptl and EABI gcc 4.1 and above, binutils cvs (quite stable on
> arm) + glibc 2.4 works for me.
> all patches needed are in crosstool repo.

Have you tried H. J. Lu's linux-tuned binutils from kernel.org?  I
don't know on what grounds one or the other is to be preferred, but I
can at least say that I've been able to build a working U-Boot with
that one (after removing __div0() from the U-Boot lib_arm source and
stubbing in raise()).

You were the original author of the crosstool glibc 2.4+ EABI patch
that Martin Guy and then I adapted, right?  Thanks very much for that.
 Is that still more or less the extent of your local changes?  I don't
think it's in Dan's subversion repository yet.

Cheers,
- Michael