time() returns invalid time [ARM EABI?]

MatthewLCreech@eaton.com MatthewLCreech@eaton.com
Tue Aug 22 16:25:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the time() call on my ARM target:

# date 082212302006
Tue Aug 22 12:30:00 UTC 2006
# date
Wed Dec 31 23:59:22 UTC 1969
#

Digging in, it seems that gettimeofday() always works correctly
(retrieving the expected time), but time() always returns -38.  Not -1
with an errno of ENOSYS, but an actual ((time_t)-38).  Has anyone else
seen this issue?  My gut feeling is that it's related to EABI somehow,
but I don't know where to look without hacking up gcc.  I thought I'd
ask and see if anyone on the list has seen a similar problem.  System
info:

- arm-linux-gnueabi toolchain built with crosstool
  - gcc 4.1.1
  - binutils 2.16.93
  - glibc 2.4
- 2.6.17 kernel built for EABI-only

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks

--
Matthew L. Creech