invalid lvalue error when trying to build bootstrap gcc

白云城主叶孤城 gwunangle@gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 11:15:00 GMT 2006

hi guys,I was trying to build arm-linux embedded system.
When I was making bootstrap gcc, I got the following error:
./config/arm/arm.c: In function 'arm_override_options' :
./config/arm/arm.c:286: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
./config/arm/arm.c:530: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
make[2]: *** [arm.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `embedded/build-tools/gcc-2.95.3/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory embedded/build-tools/gcc-2.95.3/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

My PC host:
i386-redhat fedora5  kernel 2.6.15
gcc version: 4.1.0