NPTL patch for crosstool-0.42

Khem Raj khem@mvista.com
Mon Apr 17 19:06:00 GMT 2006

hp said the following on 04/17/2006 10:26 AM:
> Khem,
>
> I tried your NPTL patch (in the current crosstool release (
> http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.42.tar.gz )
> /contrib/2005a/crosstool-0.38-nptl.patch.bz2.  I assumed this is the same
> patch you posted in March (it looked similar).  Here was what I found:
>   -It didn't apply cleanly, hunk #5 for crosstool.sh and hunk #1 for
> getandpatch.sh failed

That might be. The patch is not part of crosstools 0.42 as it is
refreshed on top of
that. Hopefully if you first install crosstools-0.42 and pick up the
patch from the mailing list
it will apply.
>   -even when I applied it manually, trying to cross build glibc2.4 for powePC
> still failed.  Here was the command I used: GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.4
> GLIBC_THREADS_FILENAME-glibc-ports-2.4 BINUTILS_DIR=binutls-2.16.1
> GCC_DIR=gcc-4.1.0 LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR=linux-libc-headers-2.6.12.0
> ./demo-ppc7450.sh
> I used/uncommented the last build option in demo-ppc7450.sh: eval `cat
> powerpc-7450.dat gcc-3.4.1-glibc-20040827.dat` sh all.sh --notest.  I did
> have to edit a few files so linuxthreads*.tar.gz is not required (want to use
> nptl).

The only arch I built and tested at that time was x86 and I used cvs
glibc and cvs. I will try to get to other arches
as time permits. I know arm and mips should also work
> I just started using crosstool and it might be that I didn't use it
> correctly.  I'm trying to cross-build binutils-2.16, gcc-4.1 and glibc2.4 for
> powerPC.  That is a toolchain that runs on i686 and generates ppc binaries.
>
> Please let me know if I did anything wrong or is crosstool still not ready
> for this build option right now.

For NPTL I think it will be better if you use some latest prerelease or
snapshot for binutils. like
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.16.92.tar.bz2 GCC
4.1 should just be fine.