armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu toolchain compilation

cyril Romain c.romain@laposte.net
Wed Apr 5 13:00:00 GMT 2006

cyril Romain wrote:
> After a deeper look at log files, crossdev actually install
> cross-glibc headers into /usr/include instead of
> /usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/include !!!
> Cross-glibc libraries are installed correctly though (in
> usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib).

Ok, here is a pseudo-solution to the problem:
Thanks to the help of the Gentoo embedded IRC guys, the glibc succeed to
compile and installed correctly (at least quite correctly). The
following line did the trick:

ROOT=/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/ USE="arm" emerge
cross-armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/glib

Headers are correctly installed in
/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/include, but libs are installed in
/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib instead of
/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib. So I moved them manually to the
right directory.

Someone suggested to try "emerge -B program ; ROOT=/blar emerge -K
program". Maybe I will try it tomorrow to see if it both installs
headers and libs correctly.

So I don't know if it is a bug from crossdev or from the ebuilds. Anyway
you seem to be the right person to report it :)

> As you might guess, this completely messed up my system. Fortunately
> it was a chrooted environment.

Someone said to me that crossdev could not work in chrooted environment,
while others affirmed that's not a problem.
Can it be the cause of the problem ?

Regards,

    Cyril