general questions about sysroot in building a toolchain

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Thu Sep 29 14:02:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Next time you start asking detailed questions while trying to track
> something down, please give a little more context; maybe we could
> cut to the chase more quickly that way.

i try but it wasn't even clear at the beginning that my question about
sys-root was going to lead to issues of relocation.  i realize that
all of this information is out there, but it's not conveniently
collected in a single place.

just to get this much info, i've perused two mailing lists and three
web sites.  when i figure all this out, maybe i'll take the time to
write it up.

rday