crosstool bloat

David Karlton dkarlton@themediamall.com
Mon Sep 19 18:20:00 GMT 2005

Dave Korn wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the link!  I modified linux.h (there was no linux64.h in my
mips folder) to remove the ASM_PREFERRED_EH_DATA_FORMAT define, and am
trying to build again.

Stupid question: if our target device has gcc 3.3.4 and glibc 2.3.2
libraries installed (and we can't change this), can I potentially build
a more updated toolchain (eg. gcc 4.0) and have binaries compiled by it
be backward compatible to run on the target machine?

dk