can build toolchain in two steps, but not one

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sun Sep 11 20:23:00 GMT 2005

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ok, maybe i'm thoroughly confused about one critical point -- is it
> actually a bug that the arch-dependent makefile (eg.,
> arch/sh/Makefile) sets the compile options -m3 and (perhaps) -mb?

Only if they're doing it when they're compiling
executables they'll be running during the build process.
I gathered that's what was happening from your messages;
I didn't check the source myself.

> why would they have done that in at least two cases now (sh and arm)?

It's the kind of mistake people sometimes make when they're
not thinking about cross-compiling.