can build toolchain in two steps, but not one

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Sat Sep 10 15:01:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > credit where credit is due, it was a private e-mail from michael
> > that pointed me at the appropriate architecture makefile as the
> > source for some unwanted compiler options when trying to run the
> > *native* compiler.
>
> How about posting a patch to fix the kernel sources, now that you've
> found the problem?

but, again, is this really the direction you want to take?  it could
conceivably require one patch per architecture, whereas the sanitized
headers seem like such a simpler and safer solution.  and patching the
kernel source might not be a one-time thing as some future feature
might screw up the build process yet again.  why take the chance?

rday