Building Win32 apps on Linux? (To Cygwin users on the list...)

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Fri Sep 2 18:14:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 08:03:16PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
>I'm still not sure I see the full picture, though. Does this mean that
>actual cross build setup is readily available,

No.  I just built a cross-compiler for my system.  Normal users just run
gcc on windows.

>and/or that it will be simple to cross-compile additional windows
>binaries that rely on cygwin1.dll, on a Linux host?

You build a cygwin cross compiler more or less the same way as you build
any cross compiler.  The standard windows libraries and headers are part
of the winsup/mingw and winsup/w32api directories which are supposed to
be used and automatically when you build a cross-compiler.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com