"configure: error: the compiler must support C cleanup handling"

Arno Schuring aelschuring@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:33:00 GMT 2005

> p.s.  given that i'm still unclear on the various thread-related
> configure options, i'm still looking for what to say to make sure that
> the installation of the glibc headers installs "pthread.h" along with
> everything else.

Been following this thread only slightly, so sorry if this is no new info:

FAFAIK, there are two hacks you can use to get pthread.h at the glibc
install-headers step in crosstool. The easiest one is a manual copy of
nptl/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h into the target's include directory (the same
thing crosstool does for stdio_lim.h). You might also try to configure glibc
with --enable-add-ons=nptl instead of --disable-sanity-checks, but then you
will run into the C cleanup mess you mentioned earlier. To circumvent (and
this you will need for the next step too):

$ echo "libc_cv_forced_unwind=yes" > config.cache
$ echo "libc_cv_c_cleanup=yes" >> config.cache
${GLIBC_DIR}/configure [options] --cache-file=config.cache

note: I haven't tried this second option, I have always opted for the copy
alternative. I guess this should work though...

Good luck,

Arno