Problem building kernel with gcc 4.0.2

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Tue Nov 29 23:03:00 GMT 2005

TheNop wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I use a .config file with the following lines in:
> #
> # Kernel type
> #
> CONFIG_MIPS32=y
>

> I thougth that this cause the compiler to build a 32 bit kernel.
> Is that right?

I really have no idea what the problem is.  FWIW I am able to build
2.6.14 mipsel with gcc-3.4.3.  I was just making a guess.  I have also
built 2.4.29 with gcc-4.0.?

You need to find out why the compiler is generating calls to the libgcc
functions (i.e. __lshrdi3 et al.).  Perhaps posting to linux-mips.org
would bring better results.

David Daney.