missing <sys/ucontext.h> header file for SH3 build

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Wed Nov 2 15:50:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Dave Korn wrote:

>   In your mini-crosstool script, you're configuring the bootstrap compiler
> with
>
> 	${GCC_SRC_DIR}/configure \
> 		--host=${HOST} \
> 		--target=${TARGET} \
> 		--prefix=${CORE_PREFIX} \
> 		--with-local-prefix=${SYSROOT_DIR} \
> 		--with-sysroot=${SYSROOT_DIR} \
> 		--disable-multilib \
> 		--with-newlib \
> 		--disable-nls \
> 		--disable-shared \
> 		--enable-threads=yes \
> 		--enable-symvers=gnu \
> 		--enable-__cxa_atexit \
> 		--enable-languages=c
>
>   I don't understand on what basis you chose all these options and the values
> you've assigned to them.

i stole that set of options almost verbatim out of crosstool.sh but,
based on my reading of the cross-LFS recipe here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cross-lfs/ppc/cross-tools/gcc-static.html

i was in fact just about to cut some of those out that i don't think
are required to see what happens.

> I'm used to configuring and building bootstrap compilers with a far
> more minimal set of options, something like
>
> 	${GCC_SRC_DIR}/configure \
> 		--host=${HOST} \
> 		--target=${TARGET} \
> 		--prefix=${CORE_PREFIX} \
> 		--with-newlib \
> 		--without-headers --without-libs --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld \
> 		--enable-languages=c
>
>   In particular, it seems *very* plausible to me that the
> "--enable-__cxa_atexit" option, which is something to do with
> termination handlers, might very well be responsible for pulling in
> the dwarf unwinder, so if I was going to suspect just one thing, I'd
> try changing that to "--disable-__cxa_atexit" first off.

and *that's* why i posted my script. :-)  so people would go, "hey!
that doesn't make sense.  take that out!"

i'm guessing i don't need to enable threads in the bootstrap gcc for
one thing.  and so on.  i'm more than willing to cut the options down
to the smallest required set.

rday