cross compiler [on cygwin, targeting arm-linux]

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Nov 2 04:28:00 GMT 2005

Paul McDonald wrote:
> I've been making progess with my cross-compiler, I decided it was better
> to go off and do some background research instead of just following
> how-to's without understanding what was going on. Now that I'm a little
> more educated I've realised how good crosstool is, it really does take
> the pain out of building toolchains (almost anyway).
>
> I'm using binutils-2.15 gcc-3.4.3 glibc-2.3.5 and and some headers that
> I got from another website.

> /home/Paul/downloads/gcc-3.4.3/gcc/optabs.c: In function `expand_binop':
> /home/Paul/downloads/gcc-3.4.3/gcc/optabs.c:1870: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[1]: *** [optabs.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Paul/downloads/build/build-gcc-core/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

Does moving to a newer gcc fix it?

Does using crosstool fix it?  (I assume you're not quite
using crosstool, since you say you're using "some headers
that you got from anothr website", which doesn't sound
very crosstool-y.)