Trouble with final canadian gcc

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri May 27 13:49:00 GMT 2005

KRALLEKIT@gmx.net wrote:
> So i tried out to do a canadian cross.
> Lot's of attempts make me not so happy, because i find no way to get it
> working correct. I had build complete binutils and a full gcc with
> languages=c,c++ for my machine (target dream). I can compile now simple
> programms like "Hello world" on target but executables so big like the
> libc.a. I think there are a problem with the final linker.
> First i started my compiling test i got error messages like cannot find
> crti.o

Did you edit the spec file of the final compiler so it
would look in /lib and /usr/lib, according to
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2004-06/msg00161.html
?

> Many instructions i founded in www. My favorit was instruction by Dan's
> crosstool, but i'm confused a little because i slowly lose the view. I know
> THINK!!!, but thinking is not a knowledge.
> I expect none step by step instructions, but what do i need to build the
> final compiler.

Did you see my (almost) step-by-step instructions for building a canadian cross?
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html#canadian
- Dan
p.s. You're clearly reading scripts carefully, not many people notice the THINK! comment!