progress but not there: crosstool-0.32, OS X 10.4 ->i686, gcc-4.0-20050305-glibc-2.3.4

Rob Arnold rob@telanetix.com
Fri May 6 00:07:00 GMT 2005

Mixed success.  gcc-3.3.3-glibc-2.3.2.dat did complete successfully,
after installing gnu install (I used the darwin ports version, and
then had to make a link from install to ginstall), making sure the
configure found it (didn't until I made a link), and applying the
patches in the previous message.

I have not yet been able to complete crosstool with  gcc-4.0-20050305-
glibc-2.3.4, still having the errno problem mentioned in the previous
message.  If anyone has a workaround for that, let me know.  In the
meantime, it's great to at least have one toolchain built.

On May 4, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Rob Arnold wrote:

> Thanks to Dan's suggestion, the next build got further.  However,
> still didn't complete successfully.  Now we get into linking in
> glib, and fail with:
>
> ..../crosstool-0.32/build/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.0-20050305-
> glibc-2.3.4/build-glibc/libc_nonshared.a(errno.os)(.bss+0x0):
> multiple definition of `_errno@GLIBC_2.0'
<snip