MacOSX and naughty sed versions

Allan Clark allanc@chickenandporn.com
Sun May 1 12:51:00 GMT 2005

Hi;

...so there I was on a MacOSX (10.3.9 (7W98)) with a build stalling
while ./configure checked sed version.  Quick checking is that "sed
--version" is failing.  Obviously I need to get a GNU sed on my platform.

Is this something we need to check?  Ruined *my* night, but seems to be
an isolated thing.  Checking it would probably be difficult.  We might
have discussed this before, I regret re-hashing a conversation I've
forgotten.

Allan
--
ps: lost my access to RH-9.0.  No (S)RPM 'til I get a new job...