CT 0.29 - stuck compiling gcc 4.0 glibc 2.2.5 ppc405: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable

Arno Schuring aelschuring@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 23:03:00 GMT 2005

>>>I haven't run a single executable, ever, built with gcc-4.0;
>>>I've been too busy getting toolchains to build.  So who
>>>knows, more patches will probably be needed to get everything
>>>to work 100% at runtime.
>>
>>Don't say that :-)
>
>It's nearly certain.  The only question is how much testing will
>you need to do to find the bug(s)!

FWIW, I'm running a complete development system built with the tools' CVS
versions from begin december (glibc-2.3.4, gcc-4.0-experimental and
binutils-2.15-cvs). Had to fix a number of packages, though, that used
deprecated C-constructs...

It's i686, so primary target and as such will get the most testing, but so
far I have only encountered one segfault (python 2.4 make check) and two
ICEs, one during the build of X.org and one building Enlightenment DR17.

(and a double-free warning in mke3fs)

How's that for running "a single executable, ever, built with gcc-4.0"? ;)

Arno