CT 0.29 - stuck compiling gcc 4.0 glibc 2.2.5 ppc405: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri Mar 25 18:18:00 GMT 2005

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
>> 5) cygwin already bypasses windows command line mechanism.  You just have
>>    to tell it to assume that the executables in /bin (or wherever) are
>>    100% pure cygwin executables.  See "man mount".
>>
>>    mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /bin
>>    mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /usr/bin
>>    mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/strace.exe
> Should these in fact be "c:\cygwin\bin\cygcheck.exe" instead?
> I'm running it at the moment as you stated (4 x strace.exe)... I'll
> return with the result in a couple of hours when it gets to the point.
>
> Btw, it should be "\\" in order to escape the backslash...
>
> But nevertheless, I don't quite understand the above mount commands.
> Isn't the c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe the same as /bin/strace.exe for
> starters? Why the need for "aliasing" it?

Did you read the cygwin man page for mount, and see what the -X option does?

Also, in case you hadn't noticed,
I think Christopher didn't mean for you to use those
exact mount commands literally.  You probably need to adjust them.

Let's see.  I don't have Cygwin handy, but reading
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mount
I gather you'd want to do something like
   mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\crosstool-0.29' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/crosstool-0.29'
   mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\opt\crosstool' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/opt/crosstool'

- Dan