crosstest.sh fails on make tests call in glibc

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Mar 22 14:44:00 GMT 2005

Friedhelm Wolf wrote:
> I build a cross compiler using crosstool with the following configuration:
>
> host/build : Windows XP / cygwin
>  > TARBALLS_DIR=/usr/local/tars
>  > SRC_DIR=/usr/src
>  > RESULT_TOP=/opt/crosstool
>  > BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.15
>  > GCC_DIR=gcc-3.3.3
>  > GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.2
>  > GDB_DIR=gdb-6.1.1
>  > LINUX_DIR=linux-2.4.29
>  > GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2
>  > TARGET=i686-pc-linux-gnu
>  > TARGET_CFLAGS="-O"
>  > GCC_LANGUAGES="c,c++"
>
> The compilation went well and so I wanted to test the crosscompiler.
> I read the tutorials for dejagnu remote regrassion tests and chroot
> jails and finally remote login and so worked. So I started the
> all.sh script ( without --notest parameter ) like described on crosstool
> the web page.
> I had to make a few chenges to the crosstest.sh script to get it to run
> under cygwin

Congratuations for getting that far!
Can you send me the changes?  I never tested crosstest.sh on cygwin.

> then it called make tests as I saw from the x.log file:
>  > + cd build-glibc
>  > + make tests
> .... and after a bunch of gcc calls the following message appeared:
>
> cd
> /usr/local/crosstool-0.28-rc37/build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.3-glibc-2.3.2/build-glibc/elf
> && gcc -O -Wall -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_BSD_SOURCE -include ../config.h
> -I/usr/src/glibc-2.3.2/include /usr/src/glibc-2.3.2/elf/check-textrel.c
> -o check-textrel
> /usr/src/glibc-2.3.2/elf/check-textrel.c:21:22: byteswap.h: No such file
> or directory
> I can see that the include paths to this headers are missing, but I
> don't know how to fix it. Can you help me?

I'm not so sure they're wrong.  It looks like you asked crosstool
to unpack the glibc source tarball into /usr/src/glibc-2.3.2,
so there *should* be a byteswap.h in /usr/src/glibc-2.3.3/include.
What's in that directory?
- Dan