Kernel headers.

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue Mar 1 18:46:00 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 01:05 pm, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> I'm tempted to try using the sanitized headers for everything,
> but I'll probably always keep an option to use the real
> kernel headers, since the sanitized ones might not work
> for every platform.

the uClibc project has only been using sanitized headers for 2.6 kernels and
there havent been any real issues thus far for the common arches ...
arm/mips/ppc/sh/x86 ...

Gentoo too only utilizes sanitized headers (we sanitize them ourselves) for
native / cross toolchains and again no problems have come up (if you dont
count bugs relating to headers that need to be sanitized :]) ... and we cover
a bunch more arches than just embedded ones ...
-mike