powerpc-linux-gnuspe progress (2)

Steve Papacharalambous stevep@freescale.com
Wed Jan 26 10:14:00 GMT 2005

Hi Clemens,

For some reason it seems like the initial patches aren't getting applied
correctly.  To apply them try using the following:

[snip]
tar zxvf crosstool-0.28-rc37.tar.gz

cd crosstool-0.28-rc37

bzcat <path to e500 patches>/crosstool-0.28-extra-patches.patch.bz2 |
patch -p1

bzcat <path to e500 patches>/crosstool-0.28-rc37-e500.patch.bz2 | patch -p1
[/snip]

At this point the following additions should have been applied to crosstool:

- demo-e500.sh

- gcc-3.4.3-e500-glibc-2.3.3-spe.dat

- patches/binutils-2.15-spe

- patches/gcc-3.4.1-spe

- patches/gcc-3.4.2-spe

- patches/glibc-2.3.2-spe

- patches/glibc-2.3.3-spe

- Modified getandpatch.sh which looks at the environment variable
EXTRA_PATCHES

If these aren't present then the e500 toolchain won't build successfully.

Once these patches have been successfully applied to crosstool, future
builds using the patched crosstool can be run with the -nounpack option.

Note that these extra patches are temporary and should be incorporated
into the next release of crosstool.  If this happens you won't need to
apply the e500 extra patches in future releases.

Best regards,

Steve