configure: error: CFI directive support in assembler is required

Vijay Padiyar vijaypadiyar@hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 04:26:00 GMT 2005

Hi Dan

Jesus! I have to say you're a real genius!!! I don't know how many hours of
trial and error stuff your crosstool must have saved me! I just followed the
steps you outlined in your mail and created the script files for my
processor core. After that, I ran demo-ppc603.sh and, lo and behold, the
script did everything for me, from downloading the necessary tar files to
installing them to applying the requisite patches, and after about an hour,
I had the cross-compiled toolchain ready and waiting for me to use it!

> Minor tweaking.  You just have to figure out what core the MPC8260 uses.
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8260
> says it's a "G2" core, and other pages say that means it's like
> a powerpc603e.  (See gcc/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.h for a list of powerpc
cpu types
> gcc accepts.)
>
> So the crosstool modifications would be
>    cp powerpc-604.dat powerpc-603.dat
>    cp demo-ppc604.sh demo-ppc603.sh
>    perl -p -i -e "s/604/603/g" *603*
> or something like that.  Then build a toolchain with
>    sh demo-ppc603.sh
> - Dan

I can't even begin to thank you!!! Your script has really been a great help
for a newbie like me.

Regards

Vijay Padiyar