problem compiling binutils-2.15.94

Vijay Padiyar vijaypadiyar@hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 04:36:00 GMT 2005

Hi Dan

Hey thanks for your reply.

https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2004-October/017145.html
> The authors of netfilter do not want to solve this problem.
> Thus you'll probably have to disable netfilter to compile the kernel
> on Windows 2000.

No I wasn't aware of that. As I said, I'm a newbie to Linux and just know
the basics of the Linux environment. So thanks for pointing this out!!!

> The workaround I suggested in that message
> ( http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2004-05/msg00085.html )
> was to use an older binutils.  Any particular reason you have to use
> that version?  Would 2.15 do?
>
> - Dan

Oh maybe I didn't grasp it right. Thanks again! I'll retry with 2.15.

Regards

Vijay Padiyar