i386 gcc build failed with stdio.h not found

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Wed Dec 28 08:11:00 GMT 2005

M Ranga Swami Reddy wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.

Please reply to the list, not to me personally.

> I am using the gcc 3.4.3, binutils 2.15, glibc 2.3.2 and linux 2.6.13
> along with glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2. I am trying to build the full OS.
> For building GCC the below configuration options used:
> --
> configure --prefix=/opt --target=i386-pc-linux --enable-cross
> --disable-shared --enable-languages=c --disable-threads
> --with-headers=/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.13/include/
> --disable-multilib --host=i686-pc-linux

--with-headers is for informing the compiler of the location of the
target's C library headers, not kernel headers.

> GCC_CORE_DIR not set, so using gcc-3.4.3 for bootstrap compiler
> BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG not set, so not passing any extra options to
> binutils' configure script
> GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG not set, so not passing any extra options to gcc's
> configure script
> GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG not set, so not passing any extra options to glibc's
> configure script
> GLIBC_EXTRA_ENV not set, so not passing any extra environment variables to
> glibc's configure script
> GLIBC_EXTRA_CC_ARGS not set, so not passing any extra options to gcc when
> building glibc
> EXTRA_TARGET_CFLAGS not set, so not passing any extra cflags to gcc when
> building glibc
> USE_SYSROOT not set, so not

Those don't look like errors, just informational messages.

Brian