Skip libgcc?

Chris Telting cdtelting-ml@comcast.net
Sun Dec 25 21:10:00 GMT 2005

I'm trying to compile an intermediate compiler to compile runtime
libraries. Then once I compile the runtimes I'll recompile the compiler.
Libgcc is the problem. But only because platform specific code is trying
not unsurprisingly to use platform specific API's. Chicken and egg
senerio I'm sure everyone here experiances.

Libgcc from my experiance is only necessary for executables. Compiling
libraries should work fine as is whitnessed by gcc using it's own
intermediate xgcc to compile it's libgcc.

I am a bit anal retentive as far as how things are done so I'm not going
to hack it by copying files for it to include which looks like the way
everyone does it that isn't using precompiled libraries.

I've been able to comment out the lines in the makefile which produce
libgcc and it's compiles and installs fine. Right now I'm trying to
figure out the autoconf and automake balony so I can create an option in
the configure script to skip it. I am surpied that their isn't such an
option already. I was hoping it was hidden and someone would point it
out to me.