for glibc, "--disable-add-ons" generates a weird error

Josh Parsons jbparsons@ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:26:00 GMT 2005

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   in testing my build script to see if it can build a non-thread
> toolchain, i added the option "--disable-add-ons" to the glibc
> configure step, which generated the amusing error:
>
> configure: error: add-on directory "no" does not exist

>   is this what's *supposed* to happen?

--disable-XXX is standardly equivalent to --enable-XXX=no in autoconf.

The glibc manual suggests that --disable-add-ons is not supposed to be
functional, quote: "If you do not wish to use some add-on package that
you have present in your source tree, give this option a list of the
add-ons that you /do/ want used".

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department