tcb-offsets.h.d: long path problems in glibc-2.3.2 ?

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Dec 12 16:56:00 GMT 2005

On 12/12/05, Wedde, Thomas <thomas.wedde@hfwk.de> wrote:
> it seems that my first assumption was not completely correct,
> because in the second try it is not a long path which causes the error.
>
> The problem seems to be that the tcb-offsets.h.d file is not created
> correctly so that it aborts after a (certain ?) number of signs...

Interesting.  To track this down, one would look for the command
that creates tcb-offsets.h.d, and extract it into a very small shell script
that reproduces the problem without Make getting in the way.
This is a bit of an art.

You might also consider trying making c:\b a 'managed mode' directory;
there's some tiny chance that would work around some problems.
See the crosstool howto or the cygwin doc about managed mode mounts.