crt1.o not found in mipsel-linux

Bill Gatliff bgat@billgatliff.com
Fri Dec 9 15:26:00 GMT 2005

>>All the previous should be told on a "primary course in C"...

I disagree.  A "primary course in C" should focus on getting students to
understand and properly use the language itself.  You know, "volatile",
"static", "const", etc., the stuff that isn't being properly taught now
as it is.  (My C instructor in college didn't know why volatile would
even be useful).

Leave the underlying springenwerks to C 102.  :)

>it *should* be but it rarely is.  i've never seen a course in C that
>actually touches on the underlying compilation process.  what's the
>best online explanation for that sort of thing?

I'm actually developing a class like that, but it won't be ready until 1Q06.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com