crosstool: how to link with compiled glibc

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel@gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:49:00 GMT 2005

On 12/6/05, Mark Jessee <mjessee04@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I already gave you two tips:
> > 1) copy every shared library to /lib
> > 2) see mkjail.sh for an example of how I did it once
> > Have you tried following either hint?
>
> Yes I've tried these but didn't get very far.  There doesn't appear to
> be any libraries (*.so) in /opt/crosstool.  Nor can I find any file by
> the name of libc*.so* in the crosstool build directory.

You must not have been looking properly; there are oodles:

$ pwd
/opt/crosstool
$ find sh3-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.0-glibc-2.3.2 -name '*.so*' | wc
    253     253   22046

Why won't Johnny run Linux?  See http://kegel.com/linux/comfort