crosstool: how to link with compiled glibc

Mark Jessee mjessee04@gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:20:00 GMT 2005

Hi Dan,

Actually I'm trying to locate the libraries in my crosstool directory
that I should use as a source for copying.  There are some files named
*.so etc but they seem to be scattered in what looks like temporary
build directories?  Maybe I have the wrong impression of crosstool,
but I was expecting something like:
1.  Tell crosstool what gcc/glibc to build (ie. i386 in my case)
2.  Build
3.  Install cross toolchain in /opt
4.  Copy a nicely organized /lib directory structure with symlinks etc
to my target system
5.  Start compiling programs using the new toolchain that are linked
against the new libraries.

Does crosstool do step 4 & 5?  I'm confused why I can't figure this
out, as it seems like a necessary step to use the resulting toolchain
(ie. everyone here *must* have done this!)

Can anyone sort me out?  :-)

Thanks,
Mark