latest mini-ct script and NPTL versus linuxthreads

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Mon Dec 5 14:35:00 GMT 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Hinko Kocevar wrote:

> That is caused by erroneous glibc-headers install, right? I
> eventried as Arno suggested few days back - copying
> linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h by hand to the
> sys-root/usr/include. It turned out that I needed the contents of
> linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/bits/* copied to
> sys-root/usr/include/bits too, to get past the error but it failed
> down the line when it couldn't find crti.o (while compiling final
> gcc). Even tried to create lib and usr/lib (according to
> crosstool.sh) but to no avail... Maybe I need newer gcc ?!

from memory (i'll have to go back and check), i had the same error
(missing crti.o) and i think it might have been related to trying to
use NPTL.  (i think mike frysinger might have suggested a solution for
this, or at least suggested what the problem might have been.  mike?
do you remember this little issue?)

in any event, i'll address a few of the other issues you wrote about
but, at the moment, i really, really want to get the next release of
crosstool (hint, hint :-) just so i have a new baseline to start from,
so i'm trying not to submit any more patches until then.

rday