User env not set on chrootshell

EJS ejshoor@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 00:14:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a cross toolchain from a windox
box running cygwin to a fedora box. I've followed
Dan's instructions and built crosstool successfully
(after much trial and error). Im now trying to test my
configuration using the crosstest script. I'm
currently trying to set up a chroot jail on my fedora
box and I'm running into problems. I've followed the
instructions in the Chroot Login Howto and am using
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.38/chrootshell.c;
however when I try to telnet into the jail using my
jailed user. The chrootshell throws an error:

chrootshell: USER not set?!; died on line 131, errno 0

It looks like the User environment variable is not
getting set upon login. Any ideas how to troubleshoot
this?

Thanks in advance,